Changes in Android’s operating system are due to the fact that on some phones it is not possible to receive voice alarms when Ontech alerts. An alternative could be to set a special sound instead when SMS arrives from an Ontech telephone number. You do this completely outside the app. See also this link:
How to set custom text tones for your contacts on Android
Iphone and Ipad with IOS 9.5 are not compatible with Ontech Control due to they are not compatible with the latest versions of Java Script.
Ontech GSM 9040
Ontech GSM 9040 is a device for indoor use and has a 230V output that you can remotely control over the GSM network. It also has two alarm inputs for wired alarms, functions such as temperature alarm and power failure alarm and thermostat. It is easily controlled via Ontech Control in a web browser or via SMS.
- Connect a radiator (electric radiator or heater fan) to the Ontech GSM 9040 to control the heat in the room.
- Connect up to seven wireless Ontech Relay 9015 extra relays s and control the heat individually in many room via controllable 230V outputs.
- Use the thermostat function to automatically keep the heat at a certain level in the rooms or the entire cabin. Connect the Ontech GSM 9040 to control a contactor in the power supply and control the heat throughout the cabin.
- With the Ontech IR 9016 accessory, move the air heat pump remote control to your phone / tablet / computer.
- The 230V output can connect any type of electrical control up to 230V / 16A. This may be servers, routers, pumps, ventilation, motors etc.
- A special feature for using the device to open ports by command or simple dial from telephone available. This causes the remote control to open the garage door becomes redundant. It has moved into the mobile phone.
- The 230V output can be set with timer function so it turns on or off after the set time..
- Connect different types of alarms to the two alarm inputs of the Ontech GSM 9040. The alarm inputs can be set to alert when the circuit closes or opens.
- All alarms with relay output can be connected, such as motion detectors (PIR), fire alarms, magnetic switches, level guards, pedal mats etc.
- Alarm transmitters which close or opens voltage 3-30V in case of alarm can also be connected
- Connect the Ontech Relay 9015 Wireless Ontech Relay 9015 and Ontech Alarmbox 9012 to the alarm transmitter and send the signal wirelessly to the Ontech GSM 9040. There is no need for long cabling.
- The alarm inputs can be set with delay.
- Ontech GSM 9040 reports the current temperature. The Ontech Control control panel automatically updates so you can see the current temperature at all times.
- An external temperature sensor with 2 meter cable can be connected and then the temperature is reported for both the internal temperature sensor and the external.
- Temperature alarm can be set as alarm when the temperature is below and / or exceeds the alarm limits set by the users.
Operating the device
- The device is controlled with the Ontech Control web panel. This is by far the easiest and easiest way to control and communicate with Ontech GSM 9040. More information here. SIM card for this is included and the first month free of charge.
- The device can also be controlled by SMS or with an app that uses SMS. A SIM card is required. All GSM operators work but not clean 3G providers such as the operator Tre, Hallon.se or Wifog. With apps for Android and Iphone, the use can be simplified by SMS control.
Main power monitoring
- Ontech GSM 9025 has built-in backup battery that is enough to keep the device alive 10-20 hours. Useful when the device is used as an power fail alarm.
- The device alerts to all names in the alarm list when a power failure occurs and announces when power is returned.
- There is a setting that allows the 230V output to turn on or off at alarm.
- It is possible to measure current 4-20 mA or voltage 0-10 V and get the values reported.
- You can also set alarms when limit values are exceeded or lowered. The device alerts via email. Optionally, SMS can be requested for alarm.
||Dual Band 900/1800 MHz, antenna contact type:SMA
||Mini-SIM. Comaptible with all operators with GSM (2G) networks
||– 40 to + 55 degrees Celsius. The backup battery charges between +5 and +35 degrees C and can power the device between -5 and +40 degrees C.
||Nominal <0,5W, maximum 4 W.
||Built in backup battery 4,2 V Litium Polymer, 1100 mAh
|230V outlet socket
|Alarm inputs (digital inputs)
||2 inputs 3-30 VDC can be set to Normally Open or Normally Closed
|Output for Ontech IR 9016
|Output for connecting Ontech IR 9016 IR transmitter
||For updating the firmware. Cable is included.
|Internal temperature sensor
||+/- 2 degrees at 25 degrees C and 230V output not activated
|Input for external temperature sensor
||Extern Tempsensor can be connected
|Short range radio
|| 2,4 GHz. Power output 1 mW
|Size (without plug)
|| 135*73*35 mm
||Fullfills all EU requirements and is CE marked
Download the latest firmware here.
Check your spam.
Check that the correct email address is filled in in Menu / Alarm recipient.
No email or SMS is 100 percent secure. Errors may occur in the delivery of alarm emails and SMS.
For better reliability:
1. Enter multiple alarm recipients with email addresses with different domains (the one after the @ sign).
2. Use SMS as well.
Sometimes an ISP can blacklist a domain for various reasons. This means that the ISP sorts out all emails from that domain and discards them instead of forwarding them to the recipient. To avoid this, you can set up your email client so that it lets through the email. See an instruction for Microsoft here. The domain to enter is ontechgsm.com
When you are logged in to Ontech Control, you can find all the information in the help which you reach by clicking the question mark in the lower right corner. If you do not find the question mark, go to Menu / Account and check “Help” in the HELP box.
Please specify your problem in the form below and submit t to the support.
You can communicate with your Ontech GSM 9040 in two different ways.
1.With our web interface Ontech Control. Then use the included SIM card and you will not use any app.. The attached SIM card has no public phone number.
You log in via your web browser on computer / tablet / mobile phone and communicate that way. On the tablet and the phone, you can add a shortcut to the home screen so it becomes like an app. See guide here.
2.Via SMS. Then you buy a prepaid card or subscription and can then use our iPhone and Android apps to communicate. See guide here.
There are GSM antennas with cable that allow you to place the antenna a bit away from the device and thus look for the best antenna location. It must be a GSM antenna and it must have an SMA-type male connector.
In Android 6, you must agree that the app may send SMS or the application will stop. You can do this by:
Go to Settings / Programs / Program Manager / Ontech. Then allow SMS and right to read.